4 shitake mushroom, soaked & quartered
120gm chestnut (storebought ready to eat)
5 dried oyster, soaked
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 shallot, sliced
1 TB chopped ginger
1 cup water (mixed 1-1/2 tspn cornflour)
2 TB oyster sauce
1 TB light soy sauce
1/2 tspn granules
pepper to taste
(1) preheat wok or frying pan with 1 TB cooking oil, stir in shallot, garlic & ginger till fragrant.
(2) add in mushroom, chestnut & oyster and continue stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
(3) now, add in seasoning to your taste and keep on stirring till well mixed.
(4) add in water and bring it to boil till liquid almost thicken.
(5) off the heat and transfer to a bowl, leave to cool.
1-1/2 tspn five spice powder
1 tspn ground sichuan pepper, toasted
1 TB oyster sauce
2 TB light soy sauce
pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together then rub all over the chicken and keep chicken refrigerated overnight.
Items for wrapping beggar chicken :
2 large lotus leaves, soaked overnight
2 pcs large aluminium foil
600gm all purpose flour
water for dough mixing
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) wash soaked lotus leaf and pad dry with towel then place it onto aluminium foil.
(2) next, put chicken (from fridge) onto lotus leaf and stuffed in the filling including the thick gravy, then seal chicken with a toothpick.
(4) then to secure it, wrap it with another layer of aluminium foil, then set aside.
(5) place flour into a big mixing bowl then slowly add in water till soft dough is formed. You need roughly more or less 500ml water Then knead dough till smooth.
(6) now, flatten dough into thin sheet and place in the well wrapped chicken, push dough to stick to aluminium foil till everything is fully covered.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 195'C for about 2 hours.