Nasi Kerabu Kelantan 吉蘭丹藍花飯

Guess what ! Finally, I got to taste nasi kerabu Kelantan during my previous trip to Kelantan. I was actually in Kelantan to help my girl to do some shifting a few weeks back. She's temporary moving home for out campus project and will be going back to Uni on next January. There's still one more shifting task need to be done in another 2 months time. Hopefully, everything works out according to plan ! Keep my fingers cross. But before that, I have to introduce my new discovery during my previous stay in Kelantan. Yes, its their nasi kerabu. I skipped the spicy gravy this round on my recipe (click for nasi kerabu Terengganu) but used the sweet red chili sauce instead. And。。。BINGO ! So, here's what I did. Please read on for more.

This is my blue pea flower water. I still think its not dark enough for the rice. Not sure if the fresh ones will work better !

Ingredients :for blue pea rice :
2 cups   rice, rinsed
2 cups   water
30 pcs  dried blue pea flower
1 stalk   lemongrass
1"  ginger, chopped

Method :
Soaked blue pea flower into 1 cup warm water for 20 minutes then drain. Now, mix together rice, ginger, lemongrass, blue pea water and the remaining water. Let rice soaked for 15 minutes. Finally, cook with rice cooker till done.

Ingredients for kerisik kelapa / tasty toasted coconut :
2 cups   grated young coconut
3  TB   brown sugar
1 tspn  salt

Method :
Toast coconut till brown & fragrant. It takes about 20 minutes & make sure stir gradually, not to burn it.
Finally,  of the heat and mix in the remaining ingredients till cooperated. Next, pound the toasted coconut till oil start to excrete from coconut.

Ingredients for Ulam sayur (salad) :
1/2  small cabbage
1 pce   turmeric leaf
a handful of cilantro
1 pce  bunga kantan, use only petal

Method :  Slice everything thinly and then mix well.

For ikan kembung / Mackerel, just fry till golden brown. Leave to cool then tear the meat apart into small chunks. Its ready to serve.

Ingredients for sweet chili sauce:
5   red chilies, sliced
3/4 cup  Thai chili sweet sauce (Imported) (click to check)
3 TB   fish sauce
5 TB   calamansi juice/ lime juice
2 TB   sugar

Method :  
Grind red chilies into chunk pieces then combine everything together and mix well. Ready to serve.

This is exactly how the salad taste and looks like when I'm having my nasi kerabu at Kelantan previously. The salad became so addictive after mixing up with this special sweet red chili sauce. Its definitely a new discovery.

I bought these fish crackers from Kuantan. Its getting really pricy these days.

This is how you start your nasi kerabu..... press to break the crackers into small pieces.

Now, mix everything up on the plate and serve. I love an extra sweet chili sauce on mine plus some fried toufu and chicken pop for my kids. Finally, found my favourite nasi kerabu recipe. Loving it ! It suddenly worth the effort. Hope you guys will love it too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...