5 Star Steamed Pumpkin Mixed Rice 五星级金瓜蒸饭

I've once eaten this dish about 3 years ago but what the restaurant used was in all white rice. I can't really remember what are the ingredients they used but I think I still recognize the taste. Can't go back to taste testing anymore caused the restaurant already closed down 2 years ago. Whateverso, I will give it a go! I really enjoy using mixed rice on some special dish and of course, not going to miss out this one as well. And here's what I did.

I bought this pumpkin a couple days ago and was planning to prepare this any of this day. Finally, I get it cut and now its ready to go for steaming. Make sure you use a very sharp & good knife to make the cut on top the pumpkin. The hole shouldn't be not too big nor too small. Then dig out the seeds & all the unnecessary items.

*1 pumpkin (around 1.8kg)

Ingredients :
3/4 cup  glutinous rice
1/2 cup  white rice
3  shiitake dried mushroom, soaked & diced
5 dried oyster, soaked & cut small
handful of dried shrimps, soaked to soften then drained
3 cloves  garlic, chopped
2 shallots, sliced

Seasoning :
1/3 tspn  salt
1/2 tspn  vegetable granules
2/3 TB  light soy sauce
pepper to taste
1 tspn  sesame oil
Method :
(1) put together glutinous rice & rice and soak for an hour then drained.
(2) place them to a baking tray with water just about to cover the rice (below the rice) then steamed for 20 minutes over high heat. (the rice might get too soft after steamed if too much water)
(3) once the rice is done, leave to cool.
(4) now, preheat a wok or frying pan with 2 TB of cooking oil then stir in dried shrimps, garlic & shallots and saute till fragrant or till nicely brown.
(5) next, add in dried oyster & mushroom and continue stirring, on the other hand add in a little bit of sesame oil.
(6) now, stir in mixed rice and cook over medium heat, add in the remain seasoning and continue stirring till everything well mixed.
(7) off the heat, once its done then transfer the rice to the ready pumpkin till full.
(8) cover the pumpkin then nicely wrapped & sealed with cling wrap.
(9) finally, steamed pumpkin for 35 minutes and then ready to serve hot.

I'm getting so excited and can't wait to cut off the cling wrap and open it up to have a good look at it. And this is what I get. Beautiful !

Just how could I resist such good looking rice. Its steamy hot & soft & tasty delicious. The additional of the freshly cooked pumpkin is a bonus. What I love about the rice is the clean taste of it, not too much additional flavouring or seasoning added in. Hope you guys will love it too.
*
Herewith, I would love to take this opportunity to wish all my Muslim readers 'SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI'. Enjoy & have fun ! Best wishes from the kitchen of My Little Space.
*
I'm sending this to Foodie Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...