Steamed Sweet Potato Kuih~ A Better Version


Oh my goodness! I have finally found the perfect recipe of my favourite kuih. (clap clap clap!) I've been searching high and low for the kuih recipe that I'm craving for, ever since I have my first bite on it. And finally decided to try Lena's Pumpkin Kuih recipe out, which she made quite some time ago. Thanks Lena for sharing it! But still I think the kuih is too soft to handle even after cooled. So then I tried to add a little of this and that....Errr.......probably Sir Einstein is laughing at me right at this moment (at the other side of the world)! haha.... Oh dear, Kristy Kristy, what are you doing?

And here's the result of my little this & that!!!!
Ingredients :
500gm   sweet potato/pumpkin, mashed
200gm   sugar
300gm   tapioca flour/starch
50gm     wheat starch/tung fun
300ml    coconut milk
150ml    water

Method :
(1) combine together tapioca flour, tung fun & sugar in a big mixing bowl.
(2) now stir in coconut milk & water,. mix to combine.
(3) next, slowly stir in mashed pumpkin till well mixed.
(4) pour batter to a preheated 9" tray with oil coating, then cover loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
(5) finally, steam for 40mins over high heat.
(6) leave cool completely before slicing it by using a plastic cutter.

I'm using a 9" tray for this but the kuih will look taller if you are using an 8" tray. This recipe doesn't fit in a 7" tray pan. So forget about it! Always remember, only slicing the kuih after it is completely cooled. So that you can easily pull it out from the tray. The kuih should be very springy.

Oooo....don't you love the look of this chewy kuih!!!! I am totally in love with it. I've tried both pumpkin and sweet potato and they both taste just as good. Slurppppp..... Other than that I am dedicating this recipe  to a dear friend, Diane M. Chan. Hope you will love it.
*
I am sending this to Suresh & Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
(kuih, desserts, asian cuisine, )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...