2 In 1 Coconut Macaroon Slices

I have no idea these thing actually looks so irresistible! The top picture is the one with mixed fruit jam and the following photo is the one with homemade kaya @ coconut egg custard jam. I have tasted them both and is totally speechless. The soft crumble base....crispy fragrant coconut top crust with such marvellous fillings. So, what else can I say!

Ingredients for Base :

100gm butter
90gm sugar
1 large egg
1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder

- cream butter and sugar untill fluffy.
- add in egg and whisk till well combined.
- fold in flour and baking powder to form a soft dough.
- press dough to a 9" square pan line with baking paper.

Ingredients for Macaroon topping :
2 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup dessicated coconut

- whisk egg white and sugar (one tbsp at a time) untill stiff and foamy.
- fold in coconut and mix well.

Fillings :
2/3 cup Kaya/coconut egg custard jam
2/3 cup mixed berries jam




TO ASSEMBLE :

- spread both jam to each side separately over the ready base dough pan.
- cover with coconut mixture and spread evenly.
- bake for 25-30 mins at 185'C.
- leave cool before slicing.

It's done! SO, what else? Lets wallop. ^_^

I think I don't have to explain much on this. The photo shows it all! One word.... heavenly! Muakkkkk.......
Before ending this, I wanted to keep you guys inform that there are about 20 comments went missing in my previous post, lychee chicken roll! I really have no idea what exactly going on but 20 comments went missing is quite a serious problem. The exact comment shows now is 44 in my dashboard (41 was taken 2 hours ago) but there are only 29 appeared. I'm so sorry guys if any of your comments went missing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...