Vegetarian 'Piao Xiang'

Sometimes it's good to go vegan for a day or two. No meat for one or two days, I think it isn't a big problem. But still a lot of people couldn't go without meat not even a second...he he ! I mean meat is good but sometimes we just need a little cleansing in our body to help in the process of detoxification. So, I'm going to make a vegetarian dish in my today's menu. I think this dish is likely to serve in most vegetarian restaurant or non vegetarian restaurant which they used real meat for the dish. Most vegetarian food was mainly made of flour or soya bean. So, my today's menu is 'Piao Xiang' which is a fried yam/taro ring with filling (sweet & sour vegetarian chicken).

Ingredients :

one large yam ring

- deep fry untill brown in colour.


This is the vegetarian chicken meat that mentioned about earlier. It was made of soya bean! Unbelieveable texture...exactly like chicken breast!

Ingredients for filling :

300gm vegetarian chicken meat
one green pepper, cut in chunk
one tomato, cut small
two slices of pineapple, cut small
one red chili, cut small
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup water

*thickening : 1/4 cup water + 2 tspn tapioca flour (combined)


Method :

- fry the vegetarian meat with my prawn fritter batter.
- leave aside.
- preheat wok or pan with 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- stir in pineapples, tomatoes, chili and green pepper; cook for 30 seconds under medium heat.
- add in tomato sauce, sugar and water; leave to cook untill boil.
- then add in the thickening and stir untill well mix under low heat.
- stir in the vegetarian chicken fritter untill the gravy became a little sticky.
- off the heat and serve.

And this is the ready made yam/taro ring which I bought from the vegetarian shop. I've already fried it. For those who is unable to find this, then you've to make your own yam ring. You can check out The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen Blog for the making of yam ring.

Ta...da...here's my vegetarian yam ring pot! I've decorated with some fried vermicelli at the bottom. My son is a very picky eater. So, as long as he likes it! I think this is a good recipe..ha ha!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...